Share This Page:

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Welder Snatches N6 Million From Money Changers

The Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of the Lagos State Police Command led by Abba Kyari, a superintendent of police, has arrested a welder, Jekins Omorogbe, 27, who was allegedly hired to rob a Bureau de Change.

 Jekins was hired from Delta State where he resided, by the leader of the gang, whose name was given as Chukwudi to rob the Forex shop located at the Trade Fair Complex along Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

It was further learnt that the robbers had invaded the shop under the pretence that they were there to do business, but ended up robbing the Bureau de Change of N6 million before a distress call was made to Trade Fair Police Divisional Headquarters by the victims.
This call was said to have prompted the patrol team which immediately got Jekins arrested.
While being interrogated, he told the police that he resided in Delta and had just completed his apprenticeship as a welder.

Items allegedly recovered from him included a single barrel cut to size gun, one miniature look-alike pistol, one dagger, one kitchen knife and six live cartridges.

“I reside in Sapele, Delta State, but we came here in pretence that we wanted to look for job in Lagos.” He stated that Chukwudi was a Bureau de Change dealer, who had been in the business for sometime before the incident.
“Initially, I was introduced to Chukwudi by my friend who was a truck driver. I told him that I was looking for a job and that I could even work as an ordinary motor boy.
“I told him that I needed this job to enable me have something to do with my life and he promised to introduce me to someone before he took me to Chukwudi.
“While the operation was going on at Trade Fair, the police arrived the scene and immediately Chukwudi sighted them, he scaled the fence and I was arrested because I didn’t have anywhere to escape through since I am a stranger in the area.
“This is my first time of robbing. I have not done it before. I promise that if I’m freed from this case, I will go back to my welding work properly,” Jenkins pleaded.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...