Share This Page:

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Nigerian Woman Beaten & Stripped Naked By Nigerian Policemen Sues Nigerian Police Force For N500Million

Nigerian Woman Beaten & Stripped Naked By Nigerian Policemen Sues Nigerian Police Force For N500 Million

A mother of four, Mrs. Pamela Nnamani, has sued the Nigerian police for the sum of N500 million over brutality. In a petition to the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, which was signed by her lawyer, Bar. Giwa Amu, the 30-year-old alleged that that she was stripped and brutalised by policemen attached to the Anti- Kidnapping Unit Enugu State police command.



The petition in part read: “I was 20 years old when I got married to my husband in 2006 and we have four children . My husband is a wife beater and he would beat me mercilessly. There was a time he hit me hard and I lost a pregnancy of twins. I continued to bear his constant beating thinking he would change.

However, matters got to a head one day and he drove me, my mother and the children out of the house where we resided with him in Enugu. “We came to Lagos to reside but on 5th of January 2016, my husband armed with pistol came to my office in Lagos with heavily armed thugs and policemen from the Anti-Kidnapping Unit, Enugu State police command and they introduced themselves to me as Inspector Chijioke and police detective Obi. They said my husband brought a petition to them that I kidnapped and killed my own children. The policemen know that the petition by my husband is a lie because they had seen my children and they know they are alive.

“They told me to take them to the house so that my husband can forcefully take my children to Enugu, but I told them my mother had travelled with my children. At this juncture, my husband ordered the policemen to do what he had paid them for. He told them to beat me up…

The policemen took me to the Ajiwe/Ajah police station, but the officers there told them to take me away. So my husband flanked by his armed thugs with Inspector Chijoke and Obi took me to a hidden space of land between Nigerian law school and pinned me to the ground and threatened to kill me if I don’t tell them where my children are. “They went on to strip me and they poured water on me.

They said they will make me roll on the Express Road if I don’t tell them where the children were. I pleaded with them that my children were with my mother and they will return to Lagos the next day, but my husband ordered them to assault me the more.

The police took me to my friend’s house where they held a gun to her son’s head and ordered the boy to show them where my children were hiding. “They ransacked my friend’s house but they did not see the children there. My husband joined them to batter me and he told the policemen to stripe me naked and rape me that I will confess.
[NAN]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...