Share This Page:

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday Inspiration: If You Complain, You'll Remain; If You Praise, You Will Be Raised

if you complain you will remain
Sunday Inspiration: If You Complain, You'll Remain; If You Praise, You Will Be Raised

One of my morning habits is tuning in to Joyce Meyer at 10:30. If you don’t know who she is, she is an incredibly gifted Christian speaker who talks about very practical topics that anyone can apply to their lives.
Her broadcast title, Enjoying Everyday Life, really fits with what she talks about.

This morning she talked about the power of the mouth and words. There is the power life or death in words. They particularly, and mainly, have a power over ourselves. We have the choice whether to be happy or angry, be content or dissatisfied, let something upset us or let it roll off our backs.

There’s this little thing called complaining. It is perfectly normal and legit to have something you don’t agree with in your life. But there’s a question you must ask yourself: Can I do something about it?

Here’s the basis. If you can, then stop complaining, and do something. If you can’t, then stop complaining.

Today Joyce Meyer said something that can be easy to remember: “Complain and remain. Praise and be raised.” Basically, that means that if you complain, then you’ll stay wherever you are emotionally and nothing will get better. If you give praise and stay positive about things, then you will find yourself happier, content, and, amazingly, with less problems. The problems won’t disappear, but they’ll become smaller or even nothing at all in your perspective.

A couple years back I made the personal goal to complain as least as I can in my life. That included everywhere, by myself, with others in person, online, in writing, etc. I challenged myself this way: limit my complaints and sob stories to only when people asked to hear them. And that made a difference, because who is going to ask that? No one. See?

Those who have known me since I was very young have all testified to my drastic change. I used to be a very pessimistic, grumpy, complaining person. Around 14 I started to make some changes instigated by several factors. Today, I can say with confidence that I am a naturally optimistic, happy, content person, and others can say the same. I have so much more peace, so much more joy, now than I ever did, simply because I made an attitude adjustment. Now, if I ever complain, it feels bad and foreign in my mouth, words that shouldn’t belong there, and my heart starts to hurt and my ears twinge at the sound of  it. I have even physically altered myself. That’s how powerful it is.

Look around you today and be thankful for what you have and where you are. Compare yourself to thousands of human beings around the world and realize that to them, you’re rich and well off.

Hate your job? Be glad you have a job and have an income.
Hate your house? Too small, too big? Be glad you have a house to live in.

Can’t stand your spouse and children? Are they driving you crazy? If you lost one of them today, you would want everything about them back.
Traffic getting to you? Be glad you have a car and a means of transportation.
Lines too long at the store? Be glad you can go and buy stuff at a store, conveniently there so you don’t have to learn how to grow your own food or make your own clothes (unless you want to, and you enjoy it).

Internet being too slow? What would you do if you had no Internet for a year? You wouldn’t be able to run your blog ;-)
You broke your back? You’re not dead.

Try a “complain free” day sometime, and see how you feel at the end of it
[By Catherine Joy, Merely Inspired]

Follow Us On Facebook @ naijagists and Twitter @ naijagists
For more interesting news update, visit NaijaGists.com
Contact us at naijagistsnews@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...