Share This Page:

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chief Edwin Clark: My grandparents’ graves submerged by flood

First Republic Minister of Information, Chief Edwin Clark, on Tuesday, said the flooding, which hit many part of the country, submerged his grandparents’ graves at Kiagbodo in Burutu Local Government Area of Delta State.

The Ijaw leader in a statement also expressed his condolence to victims of the flooding, which he said was “the first of its kind in the last 100 years.” He said, “I am personally affected severely. The mausoleum in which my great-grandfather, Chief Bekederemo, whose house was built in 1910, as well as my grandfather, Fuludu and my father, Clark, were co-interred, has been completely submerged by this flood.

“This is the first in the last 100 years. Lives and properties are largely unaccounted for and citizens turned into refugee. I am the father of the community. My pain and agony are heavy. “This, truly, is a national disaster, which is affecting all Nigerians. It is a heart-chilling and sobering experience which I fervently pray that Nigeria, indeed, the entire world, should never, ever, see again, Amen!” Clark, who called on Nigerians to assist the flood victims also urged the Federal Government to put necessary measures in place to avert a future occurrence.

He, however, saluted the courage of President Goodluck Jonathan and the governors for their concern and efforts since the flooding began

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...